Sunday, January 11, 2009

Take The Brown-Bag Challenge

Most People buying their lunch at work spend an average of $7-$10 per day. Multiply that by a five day work week and we're talking about an expense of around $50.00 per week. That's $200 a month. The Brown Bag challenge is this: I want you to replace your lunch for a week with a lunch brought from home.Add up your savings. The average cost of a brown bag lunch being $3.00 thats a monthly savings of $140!! Multiply that by 12 months and you just put an extra $1680 in your bank account. For those of us that are struggling to pay off debt this a a great solution to where the money will come from. Simply apply your savings towards making an extra payment and become that much closer to being debt-free. I never reall realized how much my husband spent on lunch until I sat down and thought about ways to save money. The scary thing is in households where both people work the cost for eating out at lunch is even more. Drop me a comment and tell me how you are doing in your own brown bag challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment